Wisconsin Breweries: How to Setup Beer Pickup and Drive-Thru During COVID-19
April 03, 2020
To navigate the COVID-19 crisis, 2ndKitchen is here to help Wisconsin breweries setup a super easy (and legal) way to sell beer to your customers. While WI law does not allow delivery to end-customers, breweries are able to setup a contactless pickup and drive-thru to sell beer to customers.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to do it using 2ndKitchen Go, a 100% free tool that allows you to create QR-based pickup stations. We’ve reviewed this with the WI Brewers Guild to make sure this process is easy, fast, and of course, compliant with WI laws.
2ndKitchen 2Go is 100% free and was created by the 2ndKitchen team to support breweries during this uncertain time. To sign up, visit this page and book a 30-min meeting in order to discuss
Get started with 2Go.
It’s 100% free!
The 2ndKitchen team will help you upload your items and create your portal within 24 hours. Simply send your beer list or access your dashboard to edit your items, images, sizes and prices.
Do you use Untappd? If yes, you can sync your menus with one click and you’re all set to go!
Step 3: Setup Your Pickup Area
Now it’s time to create an easy way for customers to visit your location, purchase beer, and pickup the goods seamlessly in a few minutes. Here are a couple options:
- Curbside: Indicate an area of the street where customers can park their car and wait for the beer to be placed in their car. 2ndKitchen can provide digital signage to help with this.
- Parking Lot: Transform your parking lot into a waiting area where customers can park their cars, place orders, and wait while your staff loads their car with beer. 2ndKitchen can provide digital signage to help with this.
- Drive Thru: If you have the space, we recommend create a makeshift drive-thru where customers can enter, place their order (via their phones), then drive to the back and pickup the beer on their way out. 2ndKitchen can provide digital signage to help with this.
Step 4: You’re All Set!
Here’s how it all comes together:
- Customer visits your location: They will follow the signs to go to the pickup area (curbside, parking lot, or drive-thru)
- Customer scans the QR code or sends a text: The QR links to your branded 2Go portal, where customers can view your updated menu and fill their cart with beer
- Customer pays through the app: They can pay via credit card, Apple Pay, or Google Pay
- Staff verifies the order and ID contactless: After placing the order, the customer generates a QR code which your staff can verify by scanning. You can check the customer’s ID and scan their QR code without any contact, even when the car window is closed
- Staff loads the car and completes order: Your staff can load the car based on the order (which you’ll see when QR code is scanned) and the customer can drive happy knowing their car is full of delicious beer!
Sell more beer with 2ndKitchen 2Go
2ndKitchen 2Go is an online platform for breweries to manage to-go and delivery orders, sell merch, collect donations, and more. 100% free to use.
Join the conversation with thousands of customers and partners talking about the future of food service.
When the Great Recession finally hit Austin, TX, new apartment construction came to an abrupt halt. Financing was extremely difficult to obtain or basically did not exist, and projects could not move forward. This situation led to an extreme apartment shortage because as the recession ended, people came to Austin in greater numbers. There were more newcomers and less apartments, […]